CRITICAL CARE INSURANCE PLAN LIFESTYLE PROTECTION-CRITICAL CARE PLAN DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT LIFESTYLE PROTECTION-CRITICAL CARE PLAN
A life altering illness is something we do not think about and definitely do not plan ahead for. When such a situation arises, it can leave us feeling under-prepared and unsure.
Such events significantly impact your lifestyle. To help you tackle any such unforeseen situations with ease, Cigna TTK brings you Lifestyle Protection-Critical Care. It is a meticulously thought out plan that begins by helping you stay healthy, and covers you for the most unanticipated eventualities. What’s more, it even gives you an option to choose exactly how you would like your payout to be (lump sum or staggered).
Read on to find out a few important aspects of this health insurance plan.
- Sum insured : You will have options to choose a Sum Insured up to Rs 3 Crores*. Eligibility of Sum Insured will be determined based on your income, with the maximum being 10 times of annual income. For non-earning family members, the sum insured is limited to maximum 60% of the earning member for covering spouse. For a dependent child, parents, in-laws and siblings, it’s 30% of earning member’s sum insured
- Entry age & renewal: To enroll in this plan, you must be in the age group of 18 to 65 years. You can renew this plan for lifetime, which ensures that you continue to be insured even at higher ages.
- Requirement of medical tests: Will be determined based on your age, plan, sum insured and medical history.
- Deciding the premium: The premium will depend on the plan, sum insured and policy tenure along with your age, gender and health status. You have an option to avail an annual premium instalment for 2 and 3 years policy.
- Policy period: You may choose between a 1, 2 or 3 years policy period.
- Cover Type: The policy can be purchased on an individual & family basis.
- Relationships Covered: This policy will cover self, spouse, dependent parents and dependent parents in laws in addition to dependent children, dependent grandchildren and dependent siblings up to the age of 25 years
- Family discount: There will be a 10% discount on the premium amount for enrolling more than 2 family members under a single policy.
- Long Term discount: There will be a 7.5% discount on selecting 2 years and 10% discount on selecting 3 years on a single premium policy
- Claims Payout Options: You can select between two claim payout options:
- Lump Sum Payout – Under this, the full sum insured will be paid upon diagnosis of the covered critical illness
- Staggered Payout – On occurrence of a Critical Illness, 25% of the sum insured will be paid as lump sum. The remaining 75% and additional 10% of sum insured will be paid in 60 equated monthly installments. You also have the flexibility to opt for a lump sum payout at the time of claim settlement, if you so desire.
* Sum Insured above Rs. 3 Crores will be considered on case to case basis.
Critical Illnesses Covered:
Our Lifestyle Protection-Critical Care covers upto 30 critical illnesses. Basic Plan covers first 15 and Enhanced Plan covers all 30 Critical Illnesses.1. Cancer of specific severity
2. First Heart Attack – of Specific Severity
3. Open Chest CABG
4. Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
5. Coma of Specified Severity
6. Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis
7. Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms
8. Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant
9. Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
10. Motor Neurone Disease with Permanent Symptoms
11. Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
12. Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
13. Aorta Graft Surgery
14. Loss of Hearing
15. Loss of Sight
16. Coronary Artery Disease
17. Aplastic Anaemia
18. End Stage Lung Disease
19. End Stage Liver Failure
20. Major Burns
21. Fulminant Hepatitis
22. Alzheimer’s Disease
23. Bacterial Meningitis
24. Benign Brain Tumor
25. Apallic Syndrome
26. Parkinsons Disease
27. Medullary Cystic Disease
28. Muscular Dystrophy
29. Loss of Speech
30. Systemic Lupus Erythematous
CRITICAL CARE INSURANCE PLAN BENEFITSLIFESTYLE PROTECTION-CRITICAL CARE PLAN BENEFITS, EXPANDED.
Our customized wellness program is designed to cater to your varied health needs. It’s a service available to all our customers, which empowers them to make sustainable lifestyle changes. It consists of online programs like Health Risk Assessment, Lifestyle Management Programs, Nutrition Programs and access to health articles through the Cigna TTK Website.
On first diagnosis of the covered critical illness, we will pay the sum insured under the policy, provided the insured person meets the applicable waiting periods. This money can be used to cover your medical bills or maintain your lifestyle.
We understand your need for an expert opinion for deciding on the best course of action. You have the benefit of seeking a second opinion from our network of medical practitioners, on being diagnosed with a covered critical illness.
CRITICAL CARE INSURANCE PLAN KEY FEATURESLIFESTYLE PROTECTION-CRITICAL CARE PLAN KEY FEATURES, EXPANDED.
You can place a request for cancellation any time during the term of the policy; premium refund will be on short period basis.
From the policy inception date, there will be a waiting period of 90 days before the symptoms of any critical illness first occur for you to be able to make a claim.
We understand your need to try something out, before trusting it completely. Hence, a period of 15 days from the receipt of the policy document is available to you, for reviewing the terms and conditions of the concerned policy. If you choose to, you may cancel the policy by stating the reason for cancellation. If there are no claims in the policy, we will refund the premium paid by you.
There is a grace period of 30 days for renewal of a single premium policy from the date of expiry.
Along with other benefits, you can also claim tax deduction u/s 80D as per IT Act 1961 for premium paid towards this policy. For premiums paid in cash, tax benefit u/s 80D shall not be applicable. Please consult your tax adviser for more details.
We will not pay any claims arising out of or attributable to any of the following: \n• Any illness other than specified critical illnesses \n• Any pre-existing diseases \n• HIV/AIDS and its complications \n• Genetic disorders \n• Mental disorders \n• Suicide or drug abuse \n• Any loss resulting from child birth or pregnancy\n The above list is only indicative and not exhaustive. Please refer to the policy terms and conditions for complete details.
Once a claim for a particular critical Illness has been admitted and paid, the coverage will automatically terminate for that insured person. If the policy is issued to more than one individual, it will continue to be in force for the remaining members.
You can port your existing health insurance policy to the Lifestyle Protection-Critical Care policy, provided you are covered under an Indian Health Retail policy from a non- life insurance company.
For installment premium policies, the revival period shall be 15 days.
Benefit payment will be subject to survival period of 30 days following first diagnosis of a covered critical illness or surgical procedure.