Hectic work environments, increasing levels of stress and unhealthy eating habits all form a big part of changing lifestyles, today. Mediclaim policies come as a cushion against burgeoning costs of health. However, there are many things that you can include your daily routine to help you de-stress, rejuvenate and eventually, bring down these costs. Power yoga is one such tool.
What is Power Yoga
Power yoga is a vinyasa (where body movement is synchronized to breath) style approach to health and fitness which helps develop muscle strength and balance. Power yoga includes a mix of aerobic exercises and continuous movement. Power yoga is said to raise muscle flexibility by cleansing nervous channels.
Benefits of Power Yoga
- It improves the metabolism rate which leads to reduction in body fat
- It works on the stomach and back muscles constantly and increases the heartbeat cordially
- Power yoga majorly helps in reducing stress and helps in relaxing the muscles
- It tones up the entire body and helps regain posture
- Unorganized thoughts are cleared by the ‘aasanas’ practiced during the course. This helps in increasing concentration levels
- It boosts the immune system and removes toxins from the body through sweat
- Breathing exercises and meditation also help in mastering one’s thoughts and actions
- Heart efficiency, joint flexibility, and lung related issues are also taken care of by Power Yoga
Different aasanas and postures
- Bikram Yoga- It includes a complete cardiovascular, aerobic and fat burning workout and is considered helpful for weight management and weight loss
- Ashtanga Yoga- It focuses on synchronizing the breath with a series of complicated postures.
- Sukhasana- It is a simple exercise in which you have to breathe easily by sitting erect on the floor with crossed legs and clasped knees.
People with serious injuries, high blood pressure and heart problems should consult a physician before practicing power yoga.
Any content, such as text, graphics, images, and any other material found on the CignaTTK Health Insurance Website is for illustrative and/or informational purposes only. This content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice and consultation of your general physician pertaining to your medical condition(s). CignaTTK requests that you do not delay or disregard professional medical advice on the basis of what you have read or seen on the CignaTTK Website.
CignaTTK, one of the leading companies in India to offer health insurance plans, is making this health and/or medical related reading material available for suggestion purposes only. CignaTTK does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the CignaTTK Website. Reliance on any information provided by CignaTTK, CignaTTK employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of CignaTTK, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.