Congratulations to the new daddy! You have worked hard to stay by your wife’s side through her pregnancy and now it’s time for you to fulfill your role as a father. Being a parent for the first time can be a daunting process. However, a great way to make child rearing a stress-free and exciting experience is to do it as a couple. Here are 8 essentials steps you want to follow as a new father to be involved in your child and the mother’s lives.
1. Seeing your baby for the first time can be an overwhelming experience. Don’t shy away from holding the tiny person for the first time. Your bond with the child as a father starts the moment your hold the baby close to your body.
2. You may feel clueless about your baby’s growth and development in the beginning. The best way to learn child-rearing as a father is to do it on the job.
3. Make sure that you spend some alone time with your child to get the hang of taking care of it while your wife catches some rest.
4. In today’s day and age, it is common for husbands to take on some basic housework. Lend your wife some help and support in the kitchen and other daily house chores.
5. You may also want to learn how to change nappies and bathe your baby to not only ease the load from your wife but also bond with your child.
6. Help your wife through the feeds by getting comfortable making the bottles, sterilizing them and also feeding your child when required.
7. A critical part of being a great father, especially during the early months, is being a great husband. You want to be there for your partner while she is experiencing emotional ups and downs that are a part of the postnatal experience. You too may experience bouts of depression at some points. Make sure you are able to support each other through this to bring up a happy child in a loving home.
8. Master your time management skills. Even if you may not get paternity leave, you want to divide your time between your family and your work so that you can be there for the baby when the mother needs to rest.
Finally, your role as the father also involves pursuing appropriate financial planning. Get the best health insurance in India to provide the best care to your new family as a father.
Any content, such as text, graphics, images, and any other material found on the CignaTTK Health Insurance Website is for illustrative and/or informational purposes only. This content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice and consultation of your general physician pertaining to your medical condition(s). CignaTTK requests that you do not delay or disregard professional medical advice on the basis of what you have read or seen on the CignaTTK Website.
CignaTTK, one of the leading companies in India to offer health insurance plans, is making this health and/or medical related reading material available for suggestion purposes only. CignaTTK does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the CignaTTK Website. Reliance on any information provided by CignaTTK, CignaTTK employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of CignaTTK, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.